Upcoming Prescribed Burns
The ACT Parks and Conservation Service conducts a number of prescribed burns throughout the year to prepare for the upcoming fire season.
Find out more
Asthma and Bushfire Smoke
To find out more on how to stay safe and well if there is bushfire smoke in your area visit asthmaaustralia.org.au.
Last updated: Friday 17 November 2017
- The North Dunlop burn (FB744) has been completed.
- A high chance of rain this week (Thursday through Saturday) will limit future prescribed burns until burn areas dry sufficiently.
- The Jerrabomberra Wetlands burn (FB704) and Pine Island burn (FB128) have been planned; implementation will occur once suitable conditions have been identified.
- For detailed information of all burns, please check the interactive map below by clicking on a specific burn area.
- Follow ACT Parks on Twitter and Facebook to learn about Parks activities and upcoming burns (real-time updates provided on Twitter during burns, when operationally feasible).
View the map in full screen.
| Proposed |
Spring 2017, Autumn 2018 (for example)
Prescribed burn likely to be implemented during this period of time.
Prescribed burn is being planned for the next fortnight, if suitable (weather and fuel moisture) conditions exist.
|Scheduled||Prescribed burn is scheduled to commence tomorrow, if suitable conditions exist.|
Prescribed burn has commenced. Crews are lighting the burn, flames and smoke may be visible.
Flames and smoke may be visible. Crews will patrol and monitor burn until no smoke is visible for at least 24 hours.
Prescribed burn has been completed: Patrols have ceased; No smoke or flames have been seen for a minimum of 24 hours.