Upcoming Prescribed Burns
The ACT Parks and Conservation Service conducts a number of prescribed burns throughout the year to prepare for the upcoming fire season.
Find out more
Asthma and Bushfire Smoke
To find out more on how to stay safe and well if there is bushfire smoke in your area visit asthmaaustralia.org.au.
Last updated: 24 April 2017
- The Aranda Bushland burn (FB606, 11.6 ha) is now in patrol phase:
- The perimeter has been secured, however interior smokes may be visible as fuels continue to consume.
- No new burns have been scheduled for autumn at this time. Implementation of burns will be dependent on potential drying and subsequent favourable weather.
- For detailed information of all burns, please check the interactive map below by clicking on a specific burn area.
- Follow ACT Parks on Twitter and Facebook to learn about Parks activities and upcoming burns (real-time updates provided on Twitter during burns, when operationally feasible).
View the map in full screen.
Spring 2015, Autumn 2016 (for example)
Prescribed burn likely to be implemented during this period of time.
Prescribed burn is being planned for the next fortnight, if suitable (weather and fuel moisture) conditions exist.
Prescribed burn has commenced. Crews are lighting the burn, flames and smoke may be visible.
Flames and smoke may be visible. Crews will patrol and monitor burn until no smoke is visible for at least 24 hours.
Prescribed burn completed
Prescribed burn has been completed: Patrols have ceased; No smoke or flames have been seen for a minimum of 24 hours.