Upcoming Prescribed Burns
The ACT Parks and Conservation Service conducts a number of prescribed burns throughout the year to prepare for the upcoming fire season.
Find out more
Asthma and Bushfire Smoke
To find out more on how to stay safe and well if there is bushfire smoke in your area visit asthmaaustralia.org.au.
Last updated: 31 August 2017
- Ignition on the Kowen Forest pile burn has been completed. Crews will continue to mop up and patrol the burn.
- Residual smoke will continue as the fuels continue to consume within the burn area.
- Currently fire planners are working to complete the 2017-2018 Bushfire Operations Plan (BOP). Once approved the interactive map will display all proposed burns.
- For detailed information of all burns, please check the interactive map below by clicking on a specific burn area.
- Follow ACT Parks on Twitter and Facebook to learn about Parks activities and upcoming burns (real-time updates provided on Twitter during burns, when operationally feasible).
View the map in full screen.
Spring 2015, Autumn 2016 (for example)
Prescribed burn likely to be implemented during this period of time.
Prescribed burn is being planned for the next fortnight, if suitable (weather and fuel moisture) conditions exist.
Prescribed burn has commenced. Crews are lighting the burn, flames and smoke may be visible.
Flames and smoke may be visible. Crews will patrol and monitor burn until no smoke is visible for at least 24 hours.
Prescribed burn completed
Prescribed burn has been completed: Patrols have ceased; No smoke or flames have been seen for a minimum of 24 hours.