Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate - Environment
20 Nov 2019
The ACT Government wishes to advise that due to a total fire ban that has been declared for tomorrow, 21 November, the following nature reserves and roads will be closed:
- Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve (the Visitor Centre will remain open)
- Selected roads within Namadgi National Park including Corin Road, Old Mill Road, Warks Road and the Mount Franklin Road at Piccadilly Circus (the Namadgi Visitor Centre will remain open)
- Googong Foreshores
- Kowen Forest
- Lower Molonglo River Corridor
- Molonglo Gorge Nature Reserve
- Mulligans Flat Sanctuary including Goorooyarroo Nature Reserve
- Centenary Trail between Goorooyarroo Nature Reserve and Hall
06 Nov 2019
ACT is a proud finalist in the prestigious Banksia Foundation Awards for the Healthy Waterways project – a partnership between the Australian and the ACT governments.
05 Nov 2019
26 projects supported under the ACT Rural Resilience Grants announced.
25 Oct 2019
The annual Fitz’s Challenge is on Sunday 27 October 2019. 1200 people will come together to tackle the hills of this legendary event in the spectacular Brindabella Ranges and Namadgi National Park.
There will be disruptions to some roads and suburbs in Namadgi and Tidbinbilla over the course of the day:
22 Oct 2019
The ACT Government is providing grants to a wide range of projects celebrating Canberra’s heritage across sport, space, fashion, nature, emergency services, modern architecture and Aboriginal culture.
Published: 20 Nov 2019
Published: 19 Nov 2019
Published: 15 Nov 2019
Published: 21 Oct 2019
Published: 04 Oct 2019
Published: 24 Sep 2019
Published: 12 Sep 2019
05 Nov 2019Murray cod are the ones that should get away
30 Oct 2019Heritage grants announced
24 Oct 2019Let a sssnake ssslide by
16 Oct 2019Have a say in park future
10 Oct 2019Blue line marks the edge
23 Sep 2019
Climate strategies pay off
17 Sep 2019
Grab a camera and ride on
26 Sep 2019
If you are one of the thousands of people who connect with nature in one of our 37 Canberra Nature Park reserves each day, we want your comments on the Canberra Nature Park Draft Reserve Management Plan.