The ACT Parks and Conservation Service is looking for enthusiastic and friendly volunteer hosts for Cotter Campground, Woods Reserve and other sites within the ACT.
This is a fantastic opportunity for those who love nature and thrive on dealing with people. It is also a great chance for those looking for a future career in the parks and conservation field to gain some skills and experience in managing a popular recreation area.
At the Cotter Campground, the host will have full use of the powered "villa" for up to two weeks during their stay.
At Woods Reserve hosts camp or stay in their own caravan. Hosts can stay alone or in small groups.
Full training and support will be provided to successful applicants who will then be placed on a register. Hosts stay on site and are most needed over the Christmas, Easter and school holiday periods.
Host will undertake duties such as:
- direct campers to fee payment area and campsites
- promote walks and activities
- provide information on other local attractions
- update information boards
- provide information on campfire safety and Total Fire Ban Day regulations
- notify rangers of an offence or issue
- assist with gathering information for park use, statistics, flora and fauna sightings, etc and
- assist with campground hygiene.
For further details, download the selection criteria and duty statement or call Namadgi Visitors Centre on 6207 2900.
Campground host statement of duties (PDF 18KB)