Situated to the south of Canberra on the banks of Gibraltar Creek, Woods Reserve is a popular place for camping, picnics and functions, and an ideal venue for large groups and events. It is available for overnight camping and day use.
Dogs are allowed on leash within the campground only.
Camping fees apply.
Bring your own drinking water and fire wood.
Gibraltar Falls is located upstream from Woods Reserve, just a few minutes drive south on Corin Road. At the Gibraltar Falls car park there is a picnic shelter, gas BBQ and amenities block. Take the short gravel track walk to lookout over the falls and Gibraltar Creek. Please note there is no camping and no dogs allowed at Gibraltar Falls.
This map shows the location of Woods Reserve Campground which is located in Namadgi National Park. It also shows Gibraltar Falls, Tidbinbilla Visitor Centre, Corin Forest Recreational Facility, and Square Rock Walking Track.
Note: If you have difficulty accessing the information in this map please contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
Facilities and activities
- Camping available - tents and campervans
- Picnic shelter and picnic tables
- Gas BBQs
- Wood fire pits - firewood is not provided, please bring your own supply
- Hot showers
- Flushing toilets
- Disabled facilities also available
- Dogs allowed, must be kept on leash at all times
- Water from creek for hand washing and washing up facilities. Please be water wise and minimise waste
Woods Reserve Recreation Area is located south of Canberra on Corin Road, 5.4 km from the Tidbinbilla Road turn-off and only 15 minutes from Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve and Corin Forest Mountain Recreation Resort.
- Bookings are essential.
- No cash accepted at the campground.
- For enquiries, contact Namadgi Visitor Centre on 02 6237 5307. Visitor Centre opening hours are 9.00am - 4.00pm weekdays and 9.00am - 4.30pm on weekends and public holidays (closed Christmas Day).
- Camping for tents and up to 6 campervans or camper trailers is available.
- Large group bookings (20 people or more) must complete an Application to Use a Public Place at least two weeks before your planned booking.
- Stay length: Guests are welcome at Woods Reserve campground for up to two weeks at a time. To make sure there is an equal amount of availability for all guests, people can stay again after four weeks have passed. This helps us make sure the campgrounds are used for recreational visits and not as a permanent residence.
- $15 per person per night. No charge for children under 15 years of age. Concession rates available.
- Firewood is not provided, please bring your own or purchase wood from Namadgi Visitor Centre.
- Fires are restricted to designated fire places. You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves as an alternative to campfires.
- No drinking water supplied, please bring your own drinking water.
- There are no bins provided, please take your rubbish home and recycle.
- Dogs are allowed on leash.
- Be aware that phone reception is not reliable throughout Namadgi National Park. Do not depend on your phone for safety or directions.