Orroral Campground offers traditional tent camping sites for small parties and provides a great vantage point to explore the Orroral Valley. The campground has flush toilets, fireplaces, picnic tables and wood barbeques (bring your own firewood). The campground does not offer large organised group camping.
No bins are provided - please take your rubbish home with you.
No dogs allowed.
Collection of standing or fallen timber from all public lands, including roadsides, is illegal and environmentally damaging as it removes important habitat. Firewood is available for purchase from Namadgi Visitor Centre.
Facilities and activities
Orroral campground has the following facilities and activities available:
- Areas for up to six caravans, camper trailers or campervans
- Traditional tent camping sites for small parties only
- Flush toilets
- Picnic tables
- Wood and gas barbecues (firewood not provided - bring your own supply)
- Boil/treat streamwater
- Sealed road access
- Linkage to Orroral Heritage Walking Track network
Located 19 km south of Tharwa, via Orroral Road.
- Bookings are essential (fees apply) and must be made in advance of arrival.
- Book online or contact Namadgi Visitor Centre on 6207 2900.
- Seven night limit.
- $10.00 per adult per night, $8.00 for seniors card holders and $6.50 for concession/student.
- No charge for children under 15 years of age.
- Fees can be paid online or at the Namadgi Visitor Centre.
Please remember the following
- Firewood is not provided, please bring your own supply or purchase wood from Namadgi Visitor Centre.
- Fires are restricted to designated fire places. You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves as an alternative to campfires.
- Rainwater is available but not guaranteed and it is advised to supply your own water or boil or treat any water before drinking.
- There are no bins provided, please take your rubbish home and recycle.
- Dogs are not permitted in Namadgi National Park.
- Be aware that phone reception is not reliable throughout Namadgi National Park. Do not depend on your phone for safety or directions.
Namadgi Visitor Centre
- Located 3.5 km south of Tharwa.
- Open 9 am to 4 pm on weekdays and 9 am to 4.30 pm on weekends and public holidays. Closed Christmas Day.
- Contact the Visitor Centre on 6207 2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission to the park is free.
To provide feedback, contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or complete an online feedback form.