Mt Clear Campground
Mt Clear is the most remote campsite in Namadgi, with basic facilities and access via an unsealed road. It is unsuitable for campervans and caravans.
No bins are provided - please take your rubbish home with you.
No dogs allowed.
Collection of standing or fallen timber from all public lands, including roadsides, is illegal and environmentally damaging as it removes important habitat. Firewood is available for purchase from Namadgi Visitor Centre.
Facilities and activities
Mt Clear Campground has the following activities and facilities:
- Separate areas available for small organised groups
- Pit toilet
- Shared wood barbecues (firewood not provided, bring your own supply)
- Picnic tables and small shelter
- Unsealed road access
- Access to Naas Valley to Horse Gully Hut walk
- Campground not suitable for caravans or camper trailers.
Located 47 km from Tharwa on Boboyan Road. The last 17 kilometres of the road are unsealed and the road may be closed depending on the weather. For road conditions contact Namadgi Visitor Centre on 6207 2900.
- To make a booking, contact Namadgi Visitor Centre on 02 6207 2900 to pay with credit card over the phone
- Namadgi Visitor Centre opening hours are 9.00am - 4.00pm weekdays and 9.00am - 4.30pm on weekends and public holidays (closed Christmas Day)
- Online bookings are currently not available as ACT Parks and Conservation are building a new booking platform to improve the user experience.
- Camping fee: $6.00 per adult per night, $5.00 for seniors card holders and $4.00 for concession/student
- No charge for children under 15 years of age.
Please remember the following
- Firewood is not provided, please bring your own supply or purchase wood from Namadgi Visitor Centre.
- Fires are restricted to designated fire places. You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves as an alternative to campfires.
- Drinking water is not provided. Please bring your own drinking water with you.
- There are no bins provided, please take your rubbish home and recycle.
- Dogs are not permitted in Namadgi National Park.
- Be aware that phone reception is not reliable throughout Namadgi National Park. Do not depend on your phone for safety or directions.
Namadgi Visitor Centre
- Located 3.5 km south of Tharwa.
- Open 9 am to 4 pm on weekdays and 9 am to 4.30 pm on weekends and public holidays. Closed Christmas Day.
- Contact the Visitor Centre on 6207 2900 or email email@example.com
- Admission to the park is free.
To provide feedback, contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or complete an online feedback form.