Heritage Grants Program
ACT Heritage Grants 2020-2021
The ACT Heritage Grants Program is an annual funding program administered by the ACT Government to assist the community in working to conserve and promote the heritage of the ACT.
Applications for the 2020-2021 round are now closed and will be announced in August 2020.
The grants will provide $355,000 to identify and carry out projects that promote and conserve our local heritage.
- Conservation works, Conservation Management Plans and projects that enable the continued use of and access to heritage places and objects:
- Priority will be granted to conservation works for private residential dwellings
- Community projects that increase the utilisation, awareness and engagement in heritage places and objects through education (of all ages), oral histories, tourism, interpretation and events;
- Priority will be granted to projects that add advanced content to the Augmented Reality Canberra Tracks App (e.g. videos, audios, photography, holograms, geo-locator pips, etc).
- Aboriginal projects initiated by or involving the local Aboriginal community in local heritage activities; and
- Projects that provide partnership opportunities between community organisations and ACT Government agencies.
- ACT Heritage Grants Program Guidelines for Applications 2020-2021 (PDF 1.5MB)
- ACT Heritage Grants Program Progress Report (Word 43KB)
- ACT Heritage Grants Program Final Report (Word 58 KB)
Successful projects from previous years
Contact the ACT Heritage Grants Officer at