Business and Industry
- Contaminated Sites
A contaminated site is a site at which a hazardous substance occurs at concentrations above background levels and where assessment indicates it poses, or could pose if land use is changed, an immediate or long term risk of harm to human health or the environment.
- Environmental Authorisations and Environmental Agreements
Environmental Authorisations and Environment Protection Agreements are important regulatory tools available to the EPA, as they set out conditions for activities carrying with them the greatest environmental risk.
- Environment Protection and Water Regulation Legislation and Policies
Links to the Environment Protection ACT 1997, Water Resources Act 2007 and related Information.
- Environment Protection Guidelines
A number of guidelines have been developed to advise business and industry about good environmental practice.
- National Pollutant Inventory
The National Pollutant Inventory (NPI) provides Australians with access to information on the types, amounts and effects of pollutants being emitted in their communities.
- Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) and the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Arrangement (TTMRA)
A guide for the administrators of the Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) and the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Arrangement (TTMRA) and for those wishing to operate under the schemes.
- Noise StandardsSport, entertainment, commercial and domestic activities can generate levels of noise ranging from being a nuisance to actually damaging people’s health. There’s a lot residents and business owners can do to reduce noise levels and maintain good relationships with neighbours, clients, visitors and staff. The Access Canberra noise portal explains the rules and regulations around noise in the ACT for both individuals and businesses. It talks about everyone’s responsibilities and how to comply with ACT noise standards.
- Water laws in the ACT
Information relating to the Water Resources Act 2007.
- Waste Management and Hazardous Materials
Classification of Liquid & Non-liquid Waste, Movement of Controlled Waste, Scheduled Waste, Notice of Application/Approval for Disposal to Landfill, Information on the Disposal of Empty Chemical Containers, Recycling and Waste.
- Water Resources Application Forms and Fees
Forms and fees relating to the Water Resources Act 2007.