Public Health Emergency in the ACT
A Public Health Emergency has been declared in the ACT for the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more
- ACT Government 2005. A Vision Splendid of the Grassy Plains Extended: ACT Lowland Native Grassland Conservation Strategy. Action Plan No. 28 (Arts, Heritage and Environment, Canberra).
- Caughley G 1976. Wildlife management and the dynamics of ungulate populations, Applied Biology 1: 183–246.
- Caughley G 1987. Ecological relationships in Kangaroos: their ecology and management in the sheep rangelands of Australia. Eds: G Caughley, N Shepherd and J Short (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge) pp. 159–187.
- Caughley G and Sinclair ARE 1994. Wildlife Ecology and Management (Blackwell Science: Boston)
- Coulson G., Nave C. D., Shaw G. & Renfree M. B. (2008). Long-term efficacy of levonorgestrel implants for fertility control of eastern grey kangaroos (Macropus giganteus). Wildlife Research 35, 520-524
- Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate (2013). Conservation Planning and Research, Program report 2011-2013. (ACT Government, Canberra) available for download from www.environment.act.gov.au
- Fletcher D 2006. Population Dynamics of Eastern Grey Kangaroos in Temperate Grasslands. PhD thesis Applied Science (University of Canberra, Canberra).
- Herbert C. A., Trigg T. E. & Cooper D.W. (2006). Fertility control in female eastern grey kangaroos using the GnRH agonist deslorelin. 1. Effects on reproduction. Wildlife Research 33,41-46
- Hinds L A and Loudon A S I 1997. Mechanisms of seasonality in marsupials: a comparative view. In 'Marsupial Biology: Recent Research, New Perspectives.' Eds. N. Saunders and L. Hinds pp 41-69. (UNSW Press: Sydney, Australia.)
- Howland B 2008. Pellet Count Techniques for Estimating the Abundance of Eastern Grey Kangaroos in the ACT, Unpubl. B Sc Hons thesis (Fenner School of Environment and Society, ANU, Canberra).
- Jackson S 2003. Australian Mammals: Biology and Captive Management (CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood, Victoria).
- Kitchener A. L., Harman A., Kay D. J., McCartney C. A., Mate K. E. & Rodger J. C. (2009). Immunocontraception of Eastern Grey Kangaroos (Macropus giganteus) with recombinant brushtail possum (Trichosurus vulpecula) ZP3 protein. Journal of Reproductive Immunology 79(2), 156-162
- Krebs C J 1999. Ecological Methodology (Addison Wesley Longman: San Francisco.)
- Nave C. D. (2002). Fertility Control in the Eastern Grey Kangaroo, Macropus giganteus. PhD thesis (University of Melbourne, Melbourne
- Nave C.D., Coulson G., Short R. V., Poiani A., Shaw G. & Renfree M. B. (2002).Long-term fertility control in the kangaroo and the wallaby using levonorgestrel implants. PMID:12220166Reproduction Supplement 60,71-80
- Nave C. D., Coulson G., Poiani A., Shaw G. & Renfree M.B. (2002). Fertility control in the eastern grey kangaroo using levonorgestrel implants. Journal of Wildlife Management 66, 470-477
- Perry R J and Braysher M L 1986. A technique for estimating the numbers of eastern grey kangaroos, Macropus giganteus, grazing a given area of pasture. Australian Wildlife Research 13: 335–338.
- Wilson M. E., Coulson G., Shaw G. & Renfree M. B. (2013). Deslorelin implants in free-ranging female eastern grey kangaroos (Macropus giganteus): mechanism of action and contraceptive efficacy. Wildlife Research 40, 403-412