ACT Natural Resource Management (NRM) currently administers two grants programs – ACT Environment Grants (an annual ACT Government funded program); and ACT Rural Grants (A Commonwealth funded program, dispersed through three competitive funding rounds, 2013-2018).
About the ACT Environment Grants
ACT Environment Grants (Grants) fund community projects that support environmental activities consistent with the ACT Government’s policies and priorities. They help strengthen participation and engagement in community led environmental initiatives.
The 2017-18 Grants round closed on 29 August 2017.
- An updated list of current grant opportunities can be found at the Grants ACT website.
- Current relevant grants include Health and Community Wellbeing Grants and City and Territory Services Grants – which are targeted at community groups and non-government organisations.
- The Australian Government provides a very comprehensive grants information page for Australian Government Grants (as well as State and Territory grants).
- Landcare Australia also regularly promotes grant funding programs.
A number of others fund Landcare, sustainable agriculture, rural community development, Landcare and conservation, and include:
- the Foundation for Rural and Regional Development
- Ian Potter Foundation, including grants for environment and conservation funding
- the Myer Foundation’s Sustainability and Environment Fund:
- for more information about philanthropy go to the Philanthropy Australia website
- for resources for ‘grant seekers’ working in the environment sector Australian Environmental Grantmakers Network
- For other useful sources of information go to the Our Community Funding Centre website.