Our practices in the commercial and business sector of the region can help to keep our waterways healthy.
- Know your legal responsibilities. Ensure your business practice or the company you contract comply with the required environmental controls to mitigate stormwater pollution.
- Choose water-friendly cleaners and maintenance crews
- Don’t dispose of chemicals or paint in the drain .
- Pick up any litter on your block or in the street.
- Make sure there are places for customers, staff and visitors to put rubbish.
- Provide a place for smokers to dispose of cigarette butts.
- Build well-designed parking areas.
- Adopt your streets stormwater drain. Look out for rubbish, leaves and grass and other sources of pollutants in your street that can be moved with rain events. Blocked drains can lead to localised flooding.