Pest Animal Management Strategy
The ACT Pest Animal Management Strategy 2012-2022 was released by the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development on 26 July 2012.
The strategy sets the framework and approach for:
- preventing new pest animals from entering the ACT
- implementing effective measures to reduce pest animal damage
- managing native animals for damage reduction and conservation
- building public awareness and understanding of pest animal issues
- improving land managers’ capacity to undertake control programs.
Fact sheet (2.5 MB)
Pest Animal Management Strategy (1.3 MB)
Hard copies of the strategy can be obtained from Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
Best Practice Management Guide for Rabbits in the ACT
The ACT Government has developed a best practice management guide for rabbits to support control efforts in accordance with the national Model Code of Practice for the Humane Control of Rabbits and associated Standard Operating Procedures. The guide provides information on the damage that rabbits cause, rabbit control methods and associated risks, key principles of best practice management and examples of where they have been successfully applied in ACT Government rabbit control programs.