In February 2013, Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development, Simon Corbell MLA, tabled the Minister's Annual Report 2011-12 as required under subsection 15(3) of the Climate Change and Greenhouse Gas Reduction Act 2010.
The annual report is based on the Minister's functions under the Act which are:
- to regularly review issues relating to climate change
- to promote action to meet the ACT target and the other targets
- to develop, adopt or promote policies and programs relating to climate change
- to consult business and community entities about issues relating to climate change
- to consider and promote actions or strategies by business entities, including technological developments, to address or adapt to climate change or reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- to promote the Territory’s involvement in state, national and international climate change forums
- to promote the commercialisation, generation and use of renewable energy in the ACT
- to promote the commercialisation and use of other technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the ACT;
- to promote research and development consistent with the objects of this Act;
- to support the development of regional, national and international approaches to addressing climate change
- to consider and recommend amending a territory law (including this Act) or a government policy or practice if the Minister reasonably believes an amendment is necessary to achieve the objects of this Act
- to assess the impact of climate change on the Territory
- to support public education about climate change, and
- any other functions given to the Minister under this Act.
Contact email@example.com if you require further information on the report.