Minister's Annual Climate Change Report
The Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development’s annual report to the Legislative Assembly on the implementation of the Climate Change and Greenhouse Gas Reduction Act 2010 highlights significant progress on critical projects that achieve the ACT’s ambitious greenhouse gas reduction targets.
- 2015 - 16 annual report Executive summary
- 2014 - 15 annual report
- 2013 - 14 annual report
- 2012 - 13 annual report Executive summary
- 2012 annual report
2012-13 has been a highly successful year in relation to action on climate change. It marked the release of AP2: a new climate change strategy and action plan for the ACT, a road map document that guides how the ACT will achieve its legislated greenhouse gas reduction targets.
2012-13 also marked the commencement of a number of critically important projects to achieving our greenhouse gas reduction targets, including:
- the first grant of entitlement under the large scale solar auction
- the commencement of the Energy Efficiency Improvement Scheme
- the progress of the ACT Government commitment to carbon neutrality in its own operations by 2020.
On 21 May 2014 the Minister for the Environment and Sustainable Development outlined how the ACT built environment and urban open spaces will be developed to respond to climate change. See his statement.
The statement was made in conjunction with the release of the adaptation directions paper, Adapting to a changing climate: Directions for the ACT (HTML version).